Tuesday, May 15, 2012











Some people travel to third world countries expecting to bless, expecting to save the world and be a hero.  Some people travel to third world countries to feel better about themselves, make themselves feel accepted by God because they served the 'least of these' for a whole 2 weeks.
Some people travel to third world countries to explore the place.
Some people go to get away from the real world.
Some people are naive.
Some people.
But I traveled to this place not because I wanted to, but because God placed within me a desire.  Uganda.  My heart now knows the place.  My mind whirls with stories and images from the place.  My soul longs to go back and hear those thick accents and feel those dirty hands gripping mine.  I had no expectations.  I did not go to bless or be blessed. But I knew Jesus would use me in some way.  My Jesus showed me the suffering and the hurt.  He showed me the dirty, the ugly and the sin-filled.  But He also showed me the healing and the joy.  The pure, the beautiful and the God-filled. My heart was filled, and my soul matured.  He held my hand and shared his treasured people with me.  In my fears He strengthened me. I will never be the same because of this God who made Himself known to me in new ways.  I am changed because I didn't just go.  There was more to it. There was God.  There was a God who is so beautiful and unpredictable that He'll use foolishness like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment