Thursday, March 28, 2013

One Year Ago


One year ago today I left the comforts of home and traveled to Uganda.  


I fell in love with beautiful babies. 



With little boys who are resilient and joy filled.



With baby girls who grew healthier under the care of Amani.


With little girls so beautiful. 


Then I returned home.


And life returned back to the norm.  

But I missed it.  I missed Uganda A LOT.  I knew I had to go back, and I knew I wanted to stay longer.  

So in November I returned- for 6 months.  

And every day there was a blessing.  

Every day was filled with their "auntie, auntie!" and little hugs and kisses and fingers wrapped tightly around mine.  

I love them.  

I am currently home for 6 weeks healing from a staph infection, but my heart cannot wait to be back-in 6 days I'm boarding a plane and returning back to where my heart belongs.  This time I'm taking my mama with me.  

It's definitely difficult having my heart in so many different places- Washington, Alabama and Uganda. But it so, so worth it. 



Like Jesus we belong to the world living not for ourselves but for others.  The joy of the Lord is our strength. ~Mother Teresa 





No comments:

Post a Comment