Friday, May 31, 2013

There is a village full of orphans.


I have seen it.

I have met these children.

I have met children who don’t know their age.

I have met children who had their parents killed by rebel soldiers.

I have met children who have been abandoned twice.

I have met children who wander around all day looking for food to fill their empty stomachs.

I have met aunties and uncles who are struggling to provide.

I have met a crippled grandmother raising 12 grandchildren.

I have seen the despair.

I have seen their dim eyes and torn clothes.

I have seen their rotten teeth.

I have seen the malnutrition bellies.

I have seen the filth.

I have felt the weight of their stories.


But there’s hope.


You see, every time we mention our plans for Onyerai village we are told of how badly it is needed.
 
A plumber came to repair some small things in our house, and asked what our plans were.  We told him.  He told us that he himself is caring for 5 nieces and nephews because of the rebel army, and it’s not easy. 

Some of the village people were told, and the women welcomed us and shared their stories.  The next day they asked our friend when we would be coming back- they were overjoyed for their children.

Yesu Asobola Ministries is a God-ordained project, every thing that has happened has revealed that He is in this.  These are His beloved children, and He has great plans for them.

Hope is growing.



No comments:

Post a Comment