Thursday, April 26, 2012

4 weeks ago I walked through security, with the words "my adventure has begin" ringing through my head. I didn't know what God had planned for me, but I knew it was good. I remember the moments of doubt and all I could hear from Him was "because you love me better, that's why you will go." and here I am 4 weeks later. I am so incredibly blessed in this place. I wake to this cries of children, children I have fallen in love with. I help dress them and brush their teeth and feed them. I play with them and let them braid my hair. I help teach them their numbers and letter and color with them. But what I give is so much less than I have taken away from this experience. Their love, their faces, their resilience. Their stories are unfathomable, but here they stand loving anyway, trusting freely. Because this place is more than an orphanage, it's a home with mamas who will be here for them and aunties who come visit them and love them. I listen in amazement as they sing songs praising Jesus. Jesus is so good. The time has gone by so quickly and I know my heart will break to leave, but God has bigger plans for my life that at this point I have no idea what they are. I know I will return back to Africa one day. But the next 4 years may be lived in the states going through college and growing in Christ... I still have 13 days to treasure these children and make more memories of this beautiful place with all the beautiful smiles. I am thankful for a God who is so big and yet small enough to hear us.

No comments:

Post a Comment