Tuesday, April 17, 2012

I walk down the dirt road I have walked many times in the first 3 weeks of living here. This time is different though, I have a moby wrapped baby tied to me. She is just over a year old and everything is new to her. Her eyes grow wide as we walk past the black birds sitting on the fence, she watchings the trees intently. She kicks her legs a little and she giggles that sweet small giggle. We arrive at the restrurant and I order vanilla ice cream for her. She tries a bit and spits it out- too cold. I scoop up some melted ice cream and after tasting she begins to beg for more, her mouth wide open I spoon more for her. When it's gone she still reaches for the bowl, wanting more. She begins to sing little songs. It fills me. This precious little one who's home is across a ocean from me, this little one whom I was so excited to meet... She sits here on my lap giggling. It's surreal, all these months of fundraising and the excitement of coming building each day, here I am. On an ice cream date with this child. I am so blessed. I am so happy. And HE is so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment