Monday, May 16, 2011

My parents

My parents... I guess I'll start at the fact that they were married nearly 20 years ago and are still married, which is becoming more and more un-heard of...exaggerating...a little. My dad is from Virginia, and my mom is from California. They were both in the military at the time. My mom got out once Hayden was born. My dad served 20 years before retiring. He now works for the military, and my mom still is at home with us kiddos, homeschooling and homemaking.



My dad. He's amazing. He is one of the best storytellers. We all listen to the stories from his childhood and laugh hysterically. He's not a huge people person, but wherever we go he knows someone. He makes us feel safe when he's home. Whenever he was deployed, it never felt the same, nights seemed darker. He loves us kids, a lot. He is going on a mission trip with me this summer, and I am super excited. Especially since I may only be living at home a couple more years. He's my daddy. He's my protector. He's one of my heroes. I love him.





My mom. One of my closest friends. The one I share most of my laughs with. The one who provides for us and loves us. The one who has educated us childrin. The one who washes dirty laundry and does all our grocery shopping. The one who makes our house a home. She has made many sacrifices and been asked why she chose this life many times. she could be living the american dream, with two teenagers, no toys laying all over the floors and not have to drive a 15 passenger van. But then she would of missed out on the sticky little kisses, the pitter patter of feet and the laughter as kids heads hit the roof of the van as we go over bumbs. She would have missed out on God's calling if she had chosen a worldly selfish lifestyle.




See that little ring? That's the ring that binds our family. That's the promise that no matter how crazy this life may be, we are a family. That's the hope that no matter how hard our world is shaken our love will stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment